FCC to fine Chinese electronics maker $34.9 million for marketing cell phone jammers in the US

By Shawn Knight
Jun 19, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The Federal Communications Commission on Thursday announced intentions to fine a Chinese electronics maker a record $34.9 million for selling cell phone jammers in the US according to a statement on the matter.

Read more
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

FCC gets their panties in a wad, when they loss their surveillance capabilities!
  3. veLa

veLa TS Evangelist Posts: 702   +165

That's a shame. Jamming signals illegally is cool.
  4. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,157   +195

Lol. cellphone jamming was also an issue in Philippine presidential election (2010) when 'automated voting' was first used.
    eligible voters used ballots which were fed to voting machines (which used any of the three SIMs from Philippine telecoms). electronic transmittal of votes from polling precincts to the central server of the commission on elections (comelec) then followed. the transmittal was 'allegedly' blocked by these cellphone jammers.

all those spy agencies of the u.s. government must be up in arms. (CIA, FBI, NSA, etc.)
  5. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,373   +310

They aren't suing the chinese maker because they did something illegal they are suing them because they didn't know it was happening as it took them 2years before they caught on so they got all up in arms and sued them for being more skilled as spies then the US.
  6. Were they selling them, or celling them? haw haw
  7. at0mic_Mike

at0mic_Mike TS Member Posts: 31

I need one of these to keep all the inconsiderate a-holes off their phones when they want something.
  8. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,349   +1,945

I was wondering why my line suddenly went dead when I was chatting to your president while he was busy inviting me around to the White House for a BBQ, beers and strip show.:)
  9. rub900

rub900 TS Member Posts: 76   +6

To all the posts above. Hope your phone gets jammed when you really need help.
  10. cliffordcooley

I for one don't absolutely need phone. And wish I could mount a jammer in my car to disrupt anyone around me from being a road hazard.
  11. Hexic

Hexic TS Addict Posts: 272   +127

It's an understandable reaction by the FCC. This Chinese company broke the law, and lied about them being 'approved' by the FCC. It's as simple as that.

I can understand the feelings of government paranoia, but a broken law is broken law. They were caught, and then punished for it. I wouldn't want to be injured in some way while some ***** had a jammer blocking the first responder radios. I may not make it.
  12. Lucius Dark

Lucius Dark TS Rookie

The FCC should be fining hate radio and FoxNews for actions that could result the the actual deaths of people. Many hate radio mongers have suggested on the air and encouraged their listeners to go out and murder people. Cell jammers are a trivial matter and completely unenforceable as China is a sovereign country.
  13. robertocarlus

robertocarlus TS Rookie

NSA/CIA don't like competition on their turf!! USA citizens are to be spied upon by American companies with American hardware, to help local jobs :p.
  14. cliffordcooley

American hardware? That one is funny! We would be hard pressed to find anything 100% American, especially when it comes to electronics.
  15. ciu taiwan

ciu taiwan TS Rookie

When using Jammer, you need a licence.
    If you are worry about mobile spy, you can try RF shielding bag. No signal can go in/out.