Fear Stuttering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie30001

Helo all, hows it going?

I have had the game Fear for a while now and ever since i got it i have had problems with it stuttering in random places, some times causing pauses for up to 5 seconds or more. i have been waiting for an update that might help it but for about a month now, i have herd nothing.

i currently have the latest patch installed and the demo worked fine when i downloaded it

my specs are:

X2 3800+ 2.33GHz AMD Dual Core
2GIG OCZ 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
x1900xtx 512MB
MSI K9A Platinum Motherboard
80GIG 7200RPM HDD

ALL SETTINGS IN GAME MAXED OUT (GAME RECCOMENDED)

"test settings" results 90fps average something like 250 max 45 min.

i herd some were about switching to EAX2.0 wich i did and that did help a bit but still some major stuttering in places.

any help would be great as this is a awsome game and i would like to play it properly

Thank you

Many people have done the tried and true of lowering the game settings. Give it a shot. See if this clears it up by playing on lower settings.

Cheers for fast respone Route44.

I tried lowering the settings abit first, resulted in a slightly higher fps, but still had the stuttering

i also tried puting everything to the lowest, fps went fekin well high but still the stuttering was there..hmmm

i have checked all the temps for graphics card and cpu ect...all were fine (no other game has this problem also)
and i have an extreamly fragment free HDD

im confuzled

I'll give it a couple more shots:

1. Could it be that your dual core CPU is the issue? I have read that certain games have issues with the dual core cpus and if you think about it many games were already in production and some had gone gold before the dual cores were released. I wonder if FEAR might be one of them.

2. I read the other day that FEAR has the copyright protection of SecuRom7 and there are people who have had fits with security protection not only with FEAR but Neverwinter Nights 2 as well. However, not everyone experiences a problem.

* I don't know if I helped; just throwing some ideas your way. I hope you can resolve it.

* Try googling FEAR and stuttering or Fear and gaming issues.

hmmmm, i am completly stumped.

i have under clocked over clocked everything i can "clock" tried different voltages, memory and evan done a full re-install of windows (fekin hell).

still no luck, i tried setting process affinity to 1 cpu (both ways) dual and single memory configurations, a different dvd drive in case of protection things. i tried running it from a different hdd. i have tried it with the motherboard out the actual case with everything else to make sure it wasnt heat.

actual aint gotta clue lol.

ah well...would it be a possibilty that there was something wrong with a bit of hardware in there? i think its unlikely as everything else is fine and i have never had any problems

thanks for ur help ne way route44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back