Files dissapeared from Hard Drive after using HDD Regenerator

Status
Not open for further replies.
My HD was messed up so i used HDD Regen because i heard it fixes everything without deleting files. I used it on my 250GB HD and got up to about 10 percent or so. Everything was going fine for a while and then i went to play one of my albums, and it wasnt there. Roughly about 300-400 albums are missing.The weird thing is they are still on the drive itself it seems.

I had my brother send me the same cd (folder named the same and all) and i tried to put it in my main folder again and i got the message "cannot replace or delete file: cyclic redundancy check". all the files are still takin up space on the drive yet they are not there. I tried doing a disk defrag and its saying theres a corruption

Anyone who ever used HDD REGEN ever have this problem?i'm hoping my files come back after i scan the regenerator some more because it takes so long. any help is needed

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

That doesn`t sound good.

I suggest you run one of the hard disk diagnostic utilities from HERE

I hope you manage to get your files back. However, I`m not overly optimistic.

Good luck.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

That is odd HDD Regen killed all those files. I've used it on a few occations and never lost anything. You could try some recovery tools, but you are probably still hosed. Were you able to fully access all these files before you ran HDD Regen? If not then you aren't any worse off than you were before, but if so, then I'm sorry, that sucks.

I just finished about 4 large disks using HDDregen not a glitch
just 2days of watching a little bar go across screen
as for recovery O&O recovery is pretty fast can sellect typ of files so it runs a little faster
and my old standby is filescavenger of course

O&O makes a network version ,I think???
My HD was messed up
seems you had ,have another issue outside of what the app can do
back up drive and run it again alll the way,about what 12 hours to finish

Samstoned said:
I just finished about 4 large disks using HDDregen not a glitch
just 2days of watching a little bar go across screen
as for recovery O&O recovery is pretty fast can sellect typ of files so it runs a little faster
and my old standby is filescavenger of course

O&O makes a network version ,I think???

seems you had ,have another issue outside of what the app can do
back up drive and run it again alll the way,about what 12 hours to finish
4 days of running HDD Regen @ 12hrs a day only got me like 10%

datarecoverywizard is working fine. too bad the program costs $70+ because it wont bring any files back. wish i could get a hold of it somehow because money is short this month. ima just have to keep looking

I hate to say this, run chkdsk may fix may make it worse
always back up first.
yes ,price of the software can be prohibitive thats why I have my data recovery service structured in increments
not all recovery software works the same ,I had to purchase 5 diff types of software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back