Files/folders reappear after deleting and dissappear after rebooting

This is a whole new scenario have been experiencing with my Laptop running Windows 7.
Lately, I have noted the following:
If I delete files/folders, clear them from the recycle bin, use advanced sweeping software( Advanced System Care) or even shredder, they dissapear for that windows session. If I try even searching for them, I cant find them. But when I reboot/restart windows, they reappear intact!
If I also create files/folders during this session or I download new files, I am able to see and copy them I.e interact with them. But when I reboot/restart the PC, the files are nowhere to be seen!!
I do not understand what is happening.
Kindly help if you got any clue

On the one hand, all your symptoms sound as if you have some type of virtual machine (VM) software running - which restores the windows / disk environment after a reboot. But, it's hard to imagine you'd have one running without any type of message appearing??

Do you recall ever playing with VM software/settings? Or run backup imaging software (like Acronis True Image) which can also run VM type environments.

I'm having this same problem did you ever resolve it??
Hi Bill,

Sorry for posting my solution to the above mentioned issue.
I had to install windows afresh. I tried all I could to resolve this issue but at the end had to install a fresh copy of windows. It's true I had VM running on my PC and maybe I had altered the settings. I also had once installed deepfreeze application. Used to view the processes running under the processes. I tried killing the process as well as deleting it to no avail.

So simple solutions: Install windows afresh.

Back