Files in Temp Internet Folder won't go after clearing cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirei Blossom

Hi,

When I want to clear my cache, I use the option in IE to clear all the Temporary Internet Files.

But when I go to C: >> Windows >> Temporary Internet Files, there are four folders with lots and lots of images and other sorts of files still in them.

Is there any way to clear them? Or is it safe to delete them manually?

search google for a program called ccleaner, hat cleared my cache completely. a simpler way to do it is get firefox.

Simpe answer - yes: delete these folders and the contents. It won't do any harm. Then clear them out of the recycle bin.

It is possible that the folders also contain Cookies. Cookies don't get deleted unless you say "yes" when asked if you want to delete them.

Do a right click> open on each Temporary Inter Files folder. Take a looks at what's there. If you want it all gone, try Edit> Select All> Delete> answer Yes when asked about Cookies.

I went to Temporary Internet Files >> Content.IE5.. and then deleted the four folders in there. I heard that on restart, those four folders would be automatically created along with an index.dat file, but my content.ie5 folder is still empty. Is that okay?

You should also be a bit wary of situations where things are put forth and that you later quote as 'I had heard that on restart.....". I did not tell you that. I said to open the temporary internet files folder and delete files from there.

The index.dat file and ContentIE5 are hidden files. You should not have this folder option open to delete hidden files when you are attempting to delete just the temporary internet files.

While some do urge deleting the .dat and Content IE5 files, they can not be easily displayed or deleted. I'm not sure what has happened here, but suggest trying a system Restore to date before this delete.

You also need to go to the Contr0l Panel> Folder Options> View tab> UNCHECK 'view hidden files & folders'> Apply> OK.

Two safe ways to delete temporary internet files are:
Disc Cleanup and Search for temporary internet files> open the tif folders> delete files.

Okay, did a system restore, and the four folders are back :)

My system has always showed the Content.ie5 folder inside the "Temporary internet files" folder. And then inside the Content folder are the four randomly named folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back