TechSpot

FilmOn owner sends threatening, hostile messages to Aereo CEO

By Justin Kahn
Sep 23, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Some harsh words are being tossed around by Alki David, the billionaire owner of unlicensed live programming distributor FilmOn, towards Aereo CEO Chet Kanojia recently. David says the hostile words were based on ongoing Denial of Service attacks towards FilmOn's...

Read more

2. Couldn't that be construed as a physical threat and therefor justify possible legal action leading to jail time?

3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,555   +859

I dont know how it works in the rest of the world, but in America, you cant send someone to jail for threats, unless they are threatening to harm a government official. Unless ive missed some huge, entirely questionable change in the last couple o years.

4. My opinion on the comments would be (I'm no expert though) that technically what he said wasn't directly a threat anyways. He said "if you do this you are gonna pay in more ways then one" and the other that" his geeks were smarter"...if he were to say something like I'm gonna find you and kill you then I could see that being a crime although I don't know if threats are illegal or not but I am pretty sure assault can be considered verbal assault as well as physical assault,if they were able to prove it was abusive...again I'm no expert though.

5. Harry Balzac is a Nazi and Alki still employs him

6. Yes, Harry is a Nazi and has no life other than Battlecam. Sosad. When Filmon closes, Harry will hang himself in his hovel in the industrial slum he calls home.

BTW, a retarded baboon would know better than to send such a tweet when embroiled in lawsuits.

7. The Woodshed is not denying any responsibility to the above mentioned story, nor is it not denying that Alki David is a miniature endowed greasy cocksucker ! Alki David needs to go to prison, hopefully a Greek one !

8. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,551   +2,894

Put them in a ring and let them duke it out, without trashing the Internet's bandwidth with pathetic DDOS attacks.