FilmOn owner sends threatening, hostile messages to Aereo CEO

Justin Kahn

Some harsh words are being tossed around by Alki David, the billionaire owner of unlicensed live programming distributor FilmOn, towards Aereo CEO Chet Kanojia recently. David says the hostile words were based on ongoing Denial of Service attacks towards FilmOn's website that he believes Kanojia had a hand in.

Yesterday afternoon, a message from David's Twitter account toward the Aereo CEO read: "@ckanojia - hey fuckhead, if you keep ddosing FilmOn you are going to pay in more ways than you can imagine." Then just a few minutes later, a second message was fired off from the FilmOn owner's account saying: "What you are doing is like breaking into someone's home and smashing their shit up," continuing with, "Fortunately [you] lame fuck, my geeks are smarter."

Early this morning Alki David confirmed that he was the one who sent the messages.

filmon aereo ceo

David claims that FilmOn has been under attack from a ddos for the past couple weeks and that he has information leading him to believe that Aereo CEO Chet Kanojia is in some way responsible for it. There has been no official word from Aereo as of yet.

Although these two companies have been at each others throats before, (FilmOn was originally to be named Aereokiller before things got legal and David was forced to change it) many were expecting the two to stick together being that they face a common adversary. Both companies distribute and stream live over-the-air programming without licensing the content, a practice that sees the two in and out of legal battles with the major broadcasters. Even though Aereo has managed to slip by a couple of these lawsuits, FilmOn has taken a bit of a beating, leading to what many believe could shut the doors on both services.

Permalink to story.

Couldn't that be construed as a physical threat and therefor justify possible legal action leading to jail time?

Couldn't that be construed as a physical threat and therefor justify possible legal action leading to jail time?
I dont know how it works in the rest of the world, but in America, you cant send someone to jail for threats, unless they are threatening to harm a government official. Unless ive missed some huge, entirely questionable change in the last couple o years.

My opinion on the comments would be (I'm no expert though) that technically what he said wasn't directly a threat anyways. He said "if you do this you are gonna pay in more ways then one" and the other that" his geeks were smarter"...if he were to say something like I'm gonna find you and kill you then I could see that being a crime although I don't know if threats are illegal or not but I am pretty sure assault can be considered verbal assault as well as physical assault,if they were able to prove it was abusive...again I'm no expert though.

Yes, Harry is a Nazi and has no life other than Battlecam. Sosad. When Filmon closes, Harry will hang himself in his hovel in the industrial slum he calls home.

BTW, a retarded baboon would know better than to send such a tweet when embroiled in lawsuits.

The Woodshed is not denying any responsibility to the above mentioned story, nor is it not denying that Alki David is a miniature endowed greasy cocksucker ! Alki David needs to go to prison, hopefully a Greek one !

Put them in a ring and let them duke it out, without trashing the Internet's bandwidth with pathetic DDOS attacks.

Back