TechSpot

Final Fantasy XI - Oct 28

By LNCPapa
Oct 10, 2003
  1. Well guys - I was hoping to get a few of you on board to play some FFXI together. I already have 6 others fellas that will be contacting me to see what server we're gonna set up on and I would be happy to see some of you join the same one. Feel free to pm me if you wanna play this sucker together.

2. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,606   +287

Will do. Would be a joy to play with any TS members ;)

3. Greeno

Greeno TS Rookie Posts: 281

me too when it finally comes out over here (UK)

4. conradguerrero

conradguerrero TS Rookie Posts: 310

ya ill buy the game but ill prolly be using a west coast server i almost always have a bad ping to east coast servers

5. Ryan

Ryan TS Rookie

how many servers are there gonna be? i heard you can't choose your sever *that's gonna suck*. Pleas someone fill me in on the details.

6. Nomadturk

Nomadturk TS Rookie

I had the beta test and it was great. Very addicting. I heard something like 25 servers.

7. Ryan

Ryan TS Rookie

will you be able to choose your server? if not, how will my friends and i be able to play together?

8. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Topic Starter Posts: 4,209   +424

Curious about your Benchmark 2 scores guys - What did you guys get? You will not be able to choose your server - there's info about how to get people over to your server on www.playonline.com - just look for info about the World Pass. I will work on getting it as soon as I get the game so I can get people over to my server.

5808 on High
    Didn't even try low

9. conradguerrero

Benchmark 2 whats this the ff11 benchmark program?

10. LNCPapa

Yes it is - the OFFICIAL FFXI benchmark program.

11. conradguerrero

i got just under 4000 (i think, the benchmark quited to the main selector menu right after the benchmark ended) on high detail. hmm i also go just over 20000 on that aquamark bench (means i am JUST able to run at high detail on modern games) but because its an online game ill probably run it on some low/mid detail settings.

12. LNCPapa

By the way - I'm on the Leviathan server in Windurst if anyone is interested. The game also plays very well even on medium range hardware. It looks very nice even on a 9600 Pro.

13. LNCPapa

Why do the cute guys always have ugly friends?
    [​IMG]
    Guess which one I am :)

Edit: I chopped off some of the graphic that was not relevant to shrink file size a bit.

14. LNCPapa

Some more pics of me playing FFXI

Finishing up my Samurai quest:
    [​IMG]

And my sekz little thief:
    [​IMG]

More to come. I'd be interested in seeing screenies from any other FFXI players out there.

15. lowman

lowman TS Rookie Posts: 380

Nice screenshots...and the screen name Mogwhy is classic...gotta love that...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.