TechSpot

Final Fantasy XI - Oct 28

By LNCPapa
Oct 10, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well guys - I was hoping to get a few of you on board to play some FFXI together. I already have 6 others fellas that will be contacting me to see what server we're gonna set up on and I would be happy to see some of you join the same one. Feel free to pm me if you wanna play this sucker together.

2. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,551   +97

Will do. Would be a joy to play with any TS members ;)

3. Greeno

Greeno TS Rookie Posts: 394

me too when it finally comes out over here (UK)

4. conradguerrero

conradguerrero TS Rookie Posts: 357

ya ill buy the game but ill prolly be using a west coast server i almost always have a bad ping to east coast servers

5. Ryan

Ryan TS Rookie

how many servers are there gonna be? i heard you can't choose your sever *that's gonna suck*. Pleas someone fill me in on the details.

6. Nomadturk

Nomadturk TS Rookie

I had the beta test and it was great. Very addicting. I heard something like 25 servers.

7. Ryan

Ryan TS Rookie

will you be able to choose your server? if not, how will my friends and i be able to play together?

8. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Topic Starter Posts: 4,315   +266

Curious about your Benchmark 2 scores guys - What did you guys get? You will not be able to choose your server - there's info about how to get people over to your server on www.playonline.com - just look for info about the World Pass. I will work on getting it as soon as I get the game so I can get people over to my server.

5808 on High
    Didn't even try low

9. conradguerrero

Benchmark 2 whats this the ff11 benchmark program?

10. LNCPapa

Yes it is - the OFFICIAL FFXI benchmark program.

11. conradguerrero

i got just under 4000 (i think, the benchmark quited to the main selector menu right after the benchmark ended) on high detail. hmm i also go just over 20000 on that aquamark bench (means i am JUST able to run at high detail on modern games) but because its an online game ill probably run it on some low/mid detail settings.

12. LNCPapa

By the way - I'm on the Leviathan server in Windurst if anyone is interested. The game also plays very well even on medium range hardware. It looks very nice even on a 9600 Pro.

13. LNCPapa

Why do the cute guys always have ugly friends?
    [​IMG]
    Guess which one I am :)

Edit: I chopped off some of the graphic that was not relevant to shrink file size a bit.

14. LNCPapa

Some more pics of me playing FFXI

Finishing up my Samurai quest:
    [​IMG]

And my sekz little thief:
    [​IMG]

More to come. I'd be interested in seeing screenies from any other FFXI players out there.

15. lowman

lowman TS Rookie Posts: 446

Nice screenshots...and the screen name Mogwhy is classic...gotta love that...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.