final Straw BSOD - Random re-boots/crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all,

Newbie here

For the last few weeks I’ve been experiencing random re-boots and crashes along with the dreaded BSOD. After reading the really useful guide posted on 'Troubleshooting sudden Reboots/Crashes' I've been through the lot to the best of my ability but still haven't reached any conclusions, apart from I think it's most likely a hardware problem.

Hopefully I’ve attached some minidumps correctly and my comp specs are showing up. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated, as I’m tearing my hair out!

Many thanks

1st thing would be to test the RAM using MemTest - make a Floppy or CD and boot from it. You'll want to let it run for a good hour, but generally any problems will show up straight away.

If you have more than 1 stick of RAM and you are getting errors, test each one until you've identfied the culprit.

Running CHKDSK often helps if files corrupted.

Thanks for your reply.

I have run memtest which came back fine and also chdsk, which also didn't report any errors.

What's the next stage?

Cheers

You're getting the same error as this THREAD. See the last post for an explanation and a heap of links to the same error.

BugCheck 9C, {4, 8054d570, b2000000, 70f0f}

Have a visual inspection of the motherboard and check the capacitors for signs of failure - little cylinders sticking up from the motherboard which should not show any signs of bulging, leaking or discolouration. The ones nearest the CPU get hotter that the others so check here first.
If you have 'fat caps' then replacement of the motherboard is the first step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back