Firefox 1.5.0.1 Upgrade Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firefox just released an upgrade labeled 1.5.0.1; when I installed it and restarted Firefox I discovered that I can no longer access the Web. This is the second time this has happened. The first time I used System Restore to roll the computer back, but the next day (today) Firefox downloaded the upgrade again. I wouldn't care except the box says it will automatically install as soon as Firefox is restarted; i.e., it is not giving me a choice. I really don't want to have to use IE, but if this patch disables Firefox I don't see what choice I have. Anybody else out there experiencing the same problem, and does anyone have any suggestions for a fix. I appreciate any help.

I have not been brave enough to ugrade to Firefox 1.5 I am still using 1.07.

if you dont want the problems created by auomatic updates then go to options and uncheck the box next to "automatically check for updates." that way you can choose when and what updates you want to install.

recongunny said:
Firefox just released an upgrade labeled 1.5.0.1; when I installed it and restarted Firefox I discovered that I can no longer access the Web. This is the second time this has happened.
Do you have a firewall program blocking it now that the application file has changed? It's working fine here and on my computer at work.

I had the same problem

I have your same problem. I don't know exactly what the problem is. I just pulled up the older version of firefox to use. 1.0.7. it's still available to download. There is also tech support on Mozilla's website. I havn't tried that yet. But the older version works fine

I solved a problem I was having which was - I would log on and the page would look like it was uploading but it would eventually just show the word "done" at the bottom. I checked my anti-virus program - Kaspersky (anti-hacker). I checked the firewall setting which had application rules. One of the programs marked "blocked" was Firefox. I checked the modify setting box and allowed Firefox and everything worked fine from there on in. If you are having problems and have any type of firewall - check to make sure Firefox isn't being blocked. Hope this helps!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You might want to check the date of threads before posting. :p

Did it myself a couple of times, when I first joined Techspot. ;)

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back