FireFox 2.0 - a bug or failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DesChut3s

Well...

I can't really describe what happened prior to my little 'bug' with FireFox 2.0. All I know is that I restarted my computer, opened FF20 and all of my favorites/internet settings were gone. I had over six-hundred favorites all categorized in a hierarchy that took me weeks to develop. Unfortunately, I never took the time to 'back' them up, so I lost all of them.

Though as unique as it sounds, I'm curious to know as to whether or not anyone else has experienced the same problem. I don't know if this was a problem with FF it's self or a registry failure. But to me, it meant a lot of work down the drain. So if anyone knows about this, or has any idea on how to fix it, please let me know!

i dont know for this "feature" of FF20 but you can try some file recover utility.
Easy Recovery for example.
Default path for stored bookmarks is C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile\bookmarks.html

regards

Firefox also stores bookmark backups to "bookmarkbackups" directory in your Firefox profile directory, as well as the latest backup, bookmarks.bak.

In Windows XP the profile directory is usually something like C:\Documents and Settings \ username \ Application Data \ Mozilla \ Firefox \ Profiles \ something gibberish.

You might also want to give this a try.

Click start/search/all files and folders and type bookmarks Click search.

You should see a list of all your bookmarks, the firefox bookmarks will have a little firefox logo on them.

Locate the latest file with a date next to it. Right click on the file and select copy, paste the file to wherever you want. Close the search window.

Open Firefox and click on bookmarks/organize bookmarks. Click file/import and check the from file button and click next. Browse to where you pasted the bookmarks file and click open. You should now have your bookmarks back.

This is a bug in Firefox and it`s quite common, although it`s never affected me personally. I must be one of the lucky ones lol.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back