Firefox 2.0 has become slow and crashes often

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi...I'm new here and apologize if I've broken posting protocol but I'm desperate...

My Firefox 2.0 browser is acting like I've got spyware on my PC (I've checked with Norton, PC Cillin and Zone Alarm and found nothing)..what I mean is that if I type something it takes five or more seconds to show up and the same for when I click on a link...any action (scrolling, typing or clicking) that would normallt take less than a second now takes at least five...it's like working with molasses...I'm now using Opera instead...

Does anyone know what could be causing this problem...it also crashes often..especially when I open up multiple tabs on sites like myspace or hi5...

Please let me know...

Senator Gasius Flaxius

I've checked with Norton, PC Cillin and Zone Alarm and found nothing

These check for virus' not spyware. Get Adaware Personal and/or SpyBot S&D, update your virus definitions and have at it.

its either that or you've installed too many extensions.. disable/uninstall a couple of them and it should speed up a bit.

That is, short of a reinstall of firefox tho.

Thanks but I have no extensions and I've uninstalled and installed a few times now...

To be frank...I'd rather go back to an older version of firefox but I can't seem to find any...

Firefox 2.0 has been bad news for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back