Firefox and IE. Page can`t be displayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Baltan

Any way my Friends pc is acting rather weired.

He can connect to the internet but the when he trys to open firefox or ie it says pages cant be displayed???

Also he cant access any programs that connect to the internet.

Can you Help

Baltan

First thing is to make sure his ISP is not having problems. Then make sure all his connections are correct. ( The LAN cable didn't get disconnected at the back of the PC.) Is it dial-up or cable? Is the modem working and turned on, are all the lights on?

Open the control panel and double click the Network Connections icon. Is the NIC card enabled? double click it and select properties. Make sureTCP/IP is checked. Now click on TCP/IP so it goes blue and click properties. Make sure it's set to Obtain IP adress automatically.

isp is not having problems as far as he knows. it is cable and all the right light are working.

Hopefully he was spyware scanners and anit-virus software. Have him scan for both. Spyware can hack your internet drivers and even cause it to fail.

did he check device manager and make sure the NIC card is still installed? Is it on-board Nic? If it's not in the device manager and it's on board nic then reboot into the BIOS and turn it on there again. Mine did this once when I set it to fail safe defaults (don't ask me why that would be).

If all is good in DM, then mabe uninstall the card in DM and then reboot and let Windows find it again and reinstall drivers etc for it.

Ok i shall try this thanks for the help i will let you know what happens.

check offline settings in internet explorer [file>work offline] is not activated.....

Baltan said:
This did not work could there be any other suggestion????

Why don`t you try and make you thread title decriptive and post you question the proper forum. I.E storage and networking.

I have retitled your thread and moved it to the correct forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back