firefox and the start menu?

By tomrca
Mar 27, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. is it possible to pin a shortcut for firefox bookmarks to the start menu
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

What do you mean by "firefox bookmarks"? You mean running firefox so that the bookmarks sidebar is open?
  3. tomrca

tomrca Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 1,051

No. as windows has favourites, and favourites can be pinned to the start menu, can this be done with firefox bookmarks? or does firefox explorer need to be running first?
    hope thats clearer
  4. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

No, there is no Firefox "favourites" "folder". This only works with IE, since IE is integrated to the Windows OS.

At best, you can create a shortcut to the bookmarks.htm file that Firefox uses to keep its bookmarks.
  5. tomrca

sort of knew that it was a silly question. i tried all ways to see if it could. best to ask before giving up though? cheers:grinthumb
  6. mhmdkhamis

mhmdkhamis Newcomer, in training

yes i do it on my computer
  7. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,264   +215

Thats wonderfully helpful mhmdkhamis :rolleyes:

What you can do is export your FF bookmarks, then import them in IE. Then tack those to your start menu. When you click one it will open it in your default browser.
  8. tomrca

done it. only problem i get this splash.

Attached Files:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.