Firefox Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex.A

I am using Mozilla Firefox and I saw that there are many extensions and add-ons so I was wondering which ones are the best for security, faster surfing or other purposes. If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks.

WOT, is a great Firefox extension that will protect you against entering sites that have been rated bad: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic89189.html

I'd recommend you use it!

Also, BlameCanada's Adblock Plus extension suggestion is good too. I use it and it helps. You might also consider using the No Script extension for Firefox.

Check out No Script

The NoScript Firefox extension provides extra protection for Firefox, Flock, Seamonkey and others mozilla-based browsers: this free, open source add-on allows JavaScript and Java execution only for trusted domains of your choice (e.g. your home-banking web site). NoScript optionally blocks Flash and other potentially exploitable plugins too, and provides the most powerful Anti-XSS protection available in a browser.

Thanks, i installed NoScript. Now, do I have to configure some settings or the program works fine without anything changed?

The only thing I changed was under the Notifications tab was I disabled/unchecked the "Show message about blocked script" so it does not pop up.

if you install adblock plus then install Filterset.G Updater as well, it works with adblock plus and updates it with a new list of things to block every so often

i also have IE Tab which is handy if you don't feel like opening ie to view a page and one called Track Me Not which generates random searches so that websites can't target you with ads from things that you have searched for - adblock plus blocks the ads but it's good for security anyway ;)
you can set how often it does a search, i have it set to every hour but the setting ranges from 10 per minute to 1 every hour

Thanks Alex. I'm trying it and will post back on the results. I've kept my extensions to a minimum and done well so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back