Firefox Favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.

InFiNiTi

ok, this has happened twice already. I just got onto my comp after two days and went to go into my favorites and they were all deleted. Last time it happened was about a month ago. How/can i get my favorites back?

You need to back these up.

In IE, file --> export --> favourites to file.

In firefox, its bookmarks ---> Manage Bookmarks ---> File export.

Similarly, there are import functions.

You should export as a .htm file, which can be imported into either firefox or IE, so you can keep synchronised favourites between the two.

sry, "Bookmarks".i know how to back them up. Funny thing was was before i got on my comp i was thinking of backing them. Is there a way to get them back? Weird thing is is all my history, passwords, etc are still there, even homepage. Just the bookmarks are missing.

yes, this problem also happened to me, Twice. I had like heaps of bookmarks that were quite important to me, and i always clear the cache so i cant remember any of them. I was so pisse off, but it hasnt happened again. I dont think that we should have to back them up. Other wise we'd just have to keep restoring them.

ph30nix..

that wont do $#&@ all. The problem is that half of the firefox files that manage user profiles such as passwords and bookmarks goes corrupt. This includes The bookmarks.html so this search will be of little use. It recommends running the chkdsk tool (located in windows\system32\) but once you have run it i tihnk once it reboots it runs fine. If you do re-boot it just keeps getting the corrupt message. 3rd time its happened.

I dont think that its really worth replacing the HDD since i will probably take one out of my other Computer. I think my problem was relating to having so little disk space free. I just un-installed steam and all its games since my 733mhz is to slow to play CS:S. That freed up like 7-10Gb, which now will make my comp run faster, i will report back if it happens again.

Ph30nIX.

dunno if this is related but on firefox when i go to type into the url bar certain letters make it freeze and crash. 2 days ago it was the letter s, now its the letter o ? Im going to reinstall firefox, but this has happened before and ive had to reinstall firefox like 3 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back