firefox freezes and every page i load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

focus_water

when i use firefox and i click on a link it will freeze for about 5 to 10 seconds befor the next page will open. the problem doesnt happen when i use IE7 but i cant use that because i go into chat rooms that only work in firefox.

That seems to be a statement rather than a question, what sort of help do you need??

The first thing to do is identify the cause of your problem.
Have you done anything recently that could possibly have caused a spyware infection on your PC?
Have you recently added any new hardware?
Do you have any other symptoms apart from the one you describe?

It would also be handy for you to list what you have tried in order to attempt to fix this problem to date.

as far as i know there is no spyware on my pc. i havnt added any new hardware and there isnt any other symptoms. i havnt done anything to try and fix it because i havnt got a clue whats wrong with it. i did install some software that changed the look of everything. one of those ms style things. i dont have it anymore but it happened when i installed that.

It is possible that the software you tried many have installed some spyware, however there are several other possible things that could cause your problem.

First of all, uninstall and then reinstall Firefox and see if that cures it.
Give this a try then let me know if it makes a difference or not and I will make some more suggestions as to what to try next.

ok well it was working all night last night but now it is doing the same thing again. what were some of your other ideas to fixing it?

Mozilla Firefox is fast, yes, but it doesnt download neccesary updates like internet explorer. The cause may be the lack of updates. Hope it helps.

as far as i know it will update when ever there is one and i have the latest version and right now there is no updates.

It doesnt always download the current updates for your pc, not firefox. the problem may be that your pc is not allowing firefox to work correctly.

have you dowloaded any themes or add-ons for FF?
if so, uninstall them until you become more stable.

jonesmk33 said:
Hello my name is Karen dont use firfox I had the same problems just use internet exp
1)investigate PAGEFILE size
cp->system->Advanced->Performance->Settings-->Advanced-->Virtual mem

make this at least 2x your installed RAM which will be seen on the
system->general tab​
2) is your system running hot? test your ram and verify your cooling is operational

you need IE only for MS Auto Updates.

IMO, use anything OTHER THAN IE :) but back to the point,
these kind of things usually imply problems on the system, not the browser itself.

My gut instincts tell me that the best thing for you to do would be to follow these instructions.

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of focus_water only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back