FireFox Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ididmyc600

Hi all

Not sure if this is the right place for this so feel free to shift it

Right as you know I run the ever popular "Paragon site for Dell Laptops", I ve been checking the site with FF as some people are having problems with the site.

When I click a link for a picture It fails to find the page, in fact it goes to a link like this

/mywebsite/pictures%5CInspXPSGen2.jpg.

Now it should look like this

mywebsite/pictures\InspXPSGen2.jpg

The difference is the "%5C" sign after the word pictures, it should be a back slash,

I know very little about webdesign and I made the site with a basic WYSIWYG editor and it works fine with IE.

Any FF experts can tell me what I need to change to make the site FF friendly.

Regards

Well I solved the problem, I visited the Mozilla forum, boy I dont know what server or equipment they use but its so slow, I got insulted by one guy, told by one I had posted in the wrong group (techspot would have just moved it to the right section) but did get the right answer from 2 people.

It seems that a link that contains a back slash in IE isnt understood by FF, the answer was to move all the pictures, images etc from the folders and place all the pictures,images etc onto the root drive. This eliminates the links, its a dirty fix but it worked I think.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back