Firefox Problem

By alvdy
May 10, 2006
  1. Wheneveri start Firefox it automatically sets my connection settings to Manual Proxy Configuration however i do not nee this i have a Direct Connection To the Internet but whenever i open Firefox it changes it straight back to Manual Proxy Settings.

Help Me???
  2. A_DOG73

A_DOG73 TS Rookie Posts: 170

Uninstall firefox and reinstall. Done.
  3. A_DOG73

A_DOG73 TS Rookie Posts: 170

Oh yeah. Also make sure spyware is not messing with your settings. Run antispyware and antivirus, restart, and you should be good to go. You might still need to reinstall it too.
  4. alvdy

alvdy TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 70

No virus\spyware have reinstalled it and it still does it...
  5. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,446

Did you fully uninstall FF before reinstalling it ? As HERE

"To uninstall Firefox, its settings and remaining files, first save a copy of your bookmarks.Go to Bookmarks/Manage bookmarks/File/Export/bookmarks.htm and save.

Next, remove Firefox using the Add/Remove Software utility in Windows.

Then delete the Firefox settings and files. To do that, delete the folder "C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox."
  6. alvdy

No i didnt do that only used add/remove programs... will do that when i get home from school today and post back telling you results...
  7. altheman

altheman TS Rookie Posts: 425

does it actually stop the internet from working?? if not i wouldnt worry about it.
  8. alvdy

sorry for the late reply have been away. yes it does stop the net from working. i have to change the settings everytime or use internet explorer. :( arggg
  9. alvdy

have just completely uninstalled and reinstalled it and now it goes perfectly thanks for all your help
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.