Firefox redirects, can't open .bat files & regedit - HijackThis review please

Apr 30, 2009
  1. Problem: (Last couple of days) many results in google search get redirected to ad sites.

Problem: Cannot open batch (.bat) files, same applies to regedit. Got taskman.exe to work through a workaround.

I followed the 8 steps ( Saved that html to desktop, closed connection to internet, set avg to off.

Now I'm at step 8, uploading the 3 log files (+ the AVG anti virus scan) and mentioning any info that might help.

Prior to finding this great! site I tried Spybot-SD. Found other lousy cookies but not "the" real one.

• Prior to running the 2 scans you recommend, the AVG resident shield was set to off. Sames applies to Spybot-SD.

I assume O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: cespy.dll - refers to ce filter ( which I use.

Any help in getting free of this monster would be appreciated! :wave:

Attached Files:

2. B00kWyrm

B00kWyrm TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,436   +37

Requires Expert Help...

Understanding that you want, (and seeing legitimate reasons for having), CESpy / covenanteyes ...
    For the most part, what I see in your HJT Log are possible tweaks.

Given that you are experiencing redirects, and that
    1) I only see one item in your "hosts" section of HJT for possible concern, and
    2) I do not see in HJT why regedit is disabled.

I would like for an expert to step in and help here.
    Please be patient... someone knowledgeable will be able to help.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.