Firefox soooo slow, why?

learninmypc

Until the latest update, my firefox was nice & fast. Now it takes longer to do anything so I find myself using SeaMonkey or Google Chrome more. What did they do to slow it down? I've not added anything to it.

The slow down could be related to any number of things. Not every update will actually result in improved performance (Even if they say it does). If you're really interested, I'd suggest taking a look at their change log for the most recent update. Also, I'd suggest doing a clean install of the browser if it's unbearably slow. With that said, I personally use Firefox and I haven't noticed any noticeable difference in speed. If you have add-ons installed, I'd probably take a peek at those as well. The update could have resulted in the browser and one of the add-ons not playing nice together.

Glad that you've solved your problem.
Actually in such cases you have to clean cache, cookies and temporary files. Usually helps

When you use Reset on a regular version of Firefox, your old settings folder is moved to the desktop in a folder named Old Firefox Data. But I'm not sure about Nightly; a manual backup sounds like a good idea.

You can open your currently active Firefox profile folder using either:

• Help > Troubleshooting Information
  • type or paste about:support in the address bar and press Enter
In the first table of information, click the button to "Show Folder". This should be everything.

When you use Reset on a regular version of Firefox, your old settings folder is moved to the desktop in a folder named Old Firefox Data. But I'm not sure about Nightly; a manual backup sounds like a good idea.

You can open your currently active Firefox profile folder using either:

• Help > Troubleshooting Information
  • type or paste about:support in the address bar and press Enter
In the first table of information, click the button to "Show Folder". This should be everything.
Thanks but I figured it was due to some addons since I installed SRWare browser with NO addons & it was faster so I removed a few addons from FF & it was better.
When I uninstalled FF, I did a COMPLETE uninstall & literally started over from scratch.
I'll just have to live with it :)

Well, I've done everything mentioned in this thread but its still as sluggish as it was . Just another thing I guess I get to live with. Thanks for the input thou. :)

Uninstall every add-on except ABP and then clear cache,history,..etc. Let me know how it works then.

A bit faster. Now I'm betting you're going to have me reinstall them one by one to see which one is the baddie :)

Adblock has been causing some issues lately, so I would start there. I use disconnect because I've heard of too many problems with ADP.

Back