Firefox update problem

By learninmypc
Jun 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. After the recent firefox update, every website (bookmark) I've gone to I've had to use Ctrl - to get it down to a reasonable size.
    Is there some setting I don't remember of so I don't have to do same (Ctrl -) on all bookmarks?
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,819   +884

Maybe a glitch. I dont use FF so I cant really help you.
  3. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 5,171   +229

Ok, I'm using SeaMonkey till I can find a fix. Thank you.
  4. learninmypc

Well, I tried resetting FF but it put me back to square one.:confused: :mad:
  5. learninmypc

I just now found a folder on my desktop called "Old Firefox Data". Since I've got it back somewhat how I want it, should I dump it or ???
  6. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,819   +884

I am not sure what that data is for. I would google it.
  7. learninmypc

Although I did not save the link I used :( it said something about saving the data. It did NOT say where it was saving it or ask me where I wanted to save it. So it sits on my desktop till I know what do with it. :)
  8. learninmypc

Earlier today I did a full scan with M-bam & it came up clean. I then launched my Firefox browser & it wanted to start in safe mode for some odd reason with the option to reset it. I then tried SeaMonkey & samething. Quite odd in my opinion. Well, I know normally one can start it in safe mode, restart it & it should return to normal. NOPE, not this time.
    I got tired of messing with Firefox so I went into Programes & Features & removed it,rebooted & reinstalled it. Oddly enough, I didn't have to remove/reinstall SeaMonkey.
    I don't know what happened, but so far I'm back to somewhat normalcy. :)
  9. Gary7

Gary7 Newcomer, in training

You probably had a corrupted profile.
  10. learninmypc

In both browsers at the same time ??:confused: Not arguing, just confised,:)
  11. Gary7

Well for one thing you never said what version of Firefox you are using.? They do not share profiles so as to SeaMonkey-Why even use it? It is a bloated POS.

12. learninmypc

You failed to read my first post. I clearly said after the recent firefox update.
    Why use SeaMonkey? Because I like it despite what you say. I've had less problems with it than Firefox.
  13. Gary7

The recent Firefox update to what Version? What release?I had a recent Firefox update to Firefox 23. If you don't like Firefox do not use it. I did read you OP but you never stated what release.
  14. learninmypc

Mine says 22. Thank you & have a nice day.:)
    CaptureFF.JPG
  15. Gary7

Pink? Nice color
  16. Gary7

Have a great day
  17. learninmypc

Thank you, I will.:D
  18. learninmypc

Thank you

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.