Firewall Blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am new here, and I hope I can get some answers to my problems with my computer. I have an HP Windows XP.. The problem is, something is blocking the windows firewall. I have many different programs that can possibly catch this virus, such as Norton, Ad-Ware, Ad-Watch, Spybot, etc. But it is remembering to run these, that is hard. To run all of these programs, it will take up a good part of the day. It still doesn't help find the virus that is blocking the firewall.. Does anyone know a way to get this off? Is my best bet just to stay with Norton, and keep running that? Another problem I am having is, I run Norton and when it finishes it finds 3 or 4 that are not fixable.. I am told it is in my backup or something like that.. How can I get these files that won't delete off? Thanks!

Hi and welcome to techspot.

Recently i receive a virus message from my AV software but i ignored it, so then my windows firewall is blocked. I cannot open and set it though i have ran all security programs and found no virus.

The way out is make sure there's no virus in the PC, then reset all firewall settings to default using run commands. I already forgot the website but you can google for it if you're in hurry.

Well the thing is, Norton comes up with 1 or 2 viruses, but they are undeleteable.. Because they are in the backup, or that is what I am told.. But I might try the commands to see if they work.. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back