Firewall problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been recently playing a game and i could go online on it, but i cant connect to other people. And its the firewall problem, i am using the window xp home edition service pack 2.

I tried to turn off the firewall, frm control panal -> firewall settings, and i switch firewall to off. But i still cant connect to the online game. When i went to the security center under the control panal, the firewall is still shown as "ON" and i have no idea how to off it.

Help is appreciated, and thank in advance.

If it's XP firewall then (assuming with admin account) you should have a pop-up about the game, giving you options to allow or block. Please specify the game, ISP and type of connection.

There have been numerous issues with games like WOW, Everc..p and others .What I'd suggest is to look for a forum that's dedicated to this game.

good luck!

vhunter said:
Can't you simply create a firewall exception for the game you're playing?

i did it, just it just cant connect

kaymastah said:
If it's XP firewall then (assuming with admin account) you should have a pop-up about the game, giving you options to allow or block. Please specify the game, ISP and type of connection.

There have been numerous issues with games like WOW, Everc..p and others .What I'd suggest is to look for a forum that's dedicated to this game.

good luck!

The option doesn't come out, i add it to exception and i off the firewall already, but i just cant connect. And thanks, i almost forgot i can go to the forum that is dedicated to this game :knock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back