FireWire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chatline100

Hi,

The end of my FireWire cable recently bent and would not fit into my camcoder I tryed bending it back and still would not fit, it wouldnt slot right in. So I bought a new Belkin 1394 FireWire Cable, so I put my camcoder on Play (VCR) but it doesn't not work. I have a 1394 FireWire Card also, I really need some help what have I done thanks

How did you bend it? Was it still connected to your computer? Maybe youdamaged the port on the computer itself?!? Or, a slim possibility, maybe the new cable is bad! I have bought printer cables brand new before that were bad. Just a thought.

And also Belkin cables are not the greatest IMO either.

The thing is I don't know how I bent it I tryed to put the cable in my camera and it just wouldn't go in I looked at it and it was bent. It's not the PC end it's the camera end, I have about 7 firewire slots on my pc :eek: i've tryed them and it's deffently the camera end because that was bent I also gone out and bought my second firewire cable NIKKAI one still no luck:( do I need to install any drivers, I want to try everthing before I put it down to my camcoder is bent. I need it for christmas I stand no chance getting it fixed (if it is my camcoder) in one day do I? Or is there a while you wait service around some shops. Thanks

Also is there drivers I should download or I can just simple connect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back