First #bendgate now #hairgate/#beardgate

By yRaz
Oct 7, 2014
Post New Reply
    supposedly peoples hair is getting caught in the gap between the digitizer and the aluminium on the iPhone 6. Some sites are confirming this, others are saying it isn't a problem. My best guess is that there could be imperfections in the machining of the aluminum frame causing the gaps of some phones to be greater than others. Also, some peoples hair might be small enough to fit through the gaps while others aren't. It could be a combination of the two or just completely false altogether.

Whether or not this has any truth to it, it is the next iphone "crysis" so be advised.
  2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

I cannot provide insight on this because I have a case on my 6. But this problem is probably also present in tons of other phones. Most smartphones have tiny nooks and crannies that mostly go unnoticed but stuff like hair can make it inside. People are just trying to find problems with the device after bendgate. This is mostly an attention grab IMO.