First build, no video

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started building my first computer yesterday. Hooked everything up and no video. most of the fans turn on, the dvd drive opens when I push the button, and I can hear the hdd spinning.

When I first turn it on, I get a long beeeeep sound and then nothing happens.

Any advice? I haven't got a clue whats wrong 'with it.

just 1 long beep? could be a power problem. Check that your PSU is meeting the requirements for your PC and/or its in working order.. also check all power cables are plugged in to whatever devices that needs it (video card, extra 4/8 pin motherboard power etc).

Stab in the dark since there's no mention on what your PC has....

Oh, duh. I guess listing my specs would help. :)

Here's everything I've got:

Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor Model BX80562Q6600 - Retail

Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 620W Power Supply

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail

LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model LH-20A1L-06 - Retail

EVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

EVGA 512-P3-N802-AR GeForce 8800GT Superclocked 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Transcend aXeRam 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1200 (PC2 9600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TX1200QLJ-2GK - Retail

hi welcome to the site.
Nice bit of kit u have there. Firstly i would check the graphics card for a power socket. if will look like an ordinary Molex socket. If it does have one then u need to plug one in otherwise it will not get a screen. this can also give the LONG BEEP error that u are getting.

hope this helps

James

Im posting from my new comp! The problem was I forgot to plug in one of the cables back into the power supply. The video card and two fans were getting no power. Now everything works, vista installed easily, and I can start using dx10. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back