First Deus Ex: Mankind Divided patch addresses technical issues

Scorpus

Staff member

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided hasn't had the best launch on PC. Gamers have discovered a range of issues including crashes and horrible mouse acceleration that cannot be disabled in any of the game's menus.

Developer Eidos Montreal is aware of the issues with the PC version, and have already published a patch that addresses numerous crashes with the game. Version 1.0 build 524.7 specifically adds the following fixes:

• Fixed crashes caused by third-party programs interfering with the game.
• Fixed crash that occurred after viewing the intro videos.
• Fixed issue that could cause a crash at the end of the Prague intro scene.
• Fixed mouse invert setting not being displayed correctly in the options menu.

Eidos is also warning people that Mankind Divided is a very demanding game from a performance perspective, and any "optimization" issues may simply be gamers attempting to run the title on quality settings that their systems cannot handle. The developer recommends starting the game on the High quality preset with MSAA disabled and begin increasing settings from there.

We've been performance testing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on a range of PC hardware over the past few days – you'll soon see the full benchmarks published here on TechSpot – and we've found that the Very High and Ultra presets are particularly demanding. However, the visual quality of the game is astonishing at these presets, so low frame rates don't seem to be an issue with optimization.

There is a DirectX 12 patch coming in the next few weeks, which could potentially improve performance in some situations, but we'll just have to wait and see.

The problem with mouse acceleration seems to be the only main issue that has continued to affect users after the release of the latest patch, although some users are still reporting crashes at times. Hopefully Eidos can continue to improve the experience on PC over the next few days, as Steam reviews have already taken a hit from users submitting negative launch day feedback.

Permalink to story.

3 crashes that should have and would have been caught and fixed if quality testing was done. But we live in a age where it's ok to sell someone anything and fix it later. The fact that ppl let these happen is astonishing.

No option to adjust mouse settings? Wtf is that, can we say console port anyone.

Luckily I haven't had any crashing issues, but yeah the very high preset with MSAA killed my GTX 1070. Dropped down to high with some tweaks and the game is much better performance wise.

This is why you never, ever pre-order or waste your money on "early access". This goes double for games that aren't PC-exclusive. Personally, I won't touch a piece of software until 60 days after release. If we would just stop rewarding these bozos for releasing half-finished products on PC they would stop doing it.

I preloaded the game (something I never do any more, but early reviews indicated nothing major to worry about) and played for a few hours on Tuesday until I got a game crash. By the time I logged in on Wednesday it had been patched and fixed and I continued on without problems. I have my Graphical settings on High, 4x MSAA (disabled motion blur and DOF, set shadows to Medium) with a GTX780 and am getting 30-50 fps on 1440p which I'm happy with. The graphics are lovely, there's a lot of detail and movement in the game. I'll drop the MSAA later if I run into problems.
I had an earlier problem with the Spacebar making reloads very difficult for me, but I mapped Jump to a different key and that's all sorted - it doesn't matter which key I use as I have a Logitech G13. I could just as easily have mapped it to a side button on the mouse.
Currently I'm very happy with the quality and graphics on the game.

I preloaded the game (something I never do any more, but early reviews indicated nothing major to worry about) and played for a few hours on Tuesday until I got a game crash. By the time I logged in on Wednesday it had been patched and fixed and I continued on without problems. I have my Graphical settings on High, 4x MSAA (disabled motion blur and DOF, set shadows to Medium) with a GTX780 and am getting 30-50 fps on 1440p which I'm happy with. The graphics are lovely, there's a lot of detail and movement in the game. I'll drop the MSAA later if I run into problems.
I had an earlier problem with the Spacebar making reloads very difficult for me, but I mapped Jump to a different key and that's all sorted - it doesn't matter which key I use as I have a Logitech G13. I could just as easily have mapped it to a side button on the mouse.
Currently I'm very happy with the quality and graphics on the game.

See this is why I feel their must be some underlying optimisation issues they are not acknowledging. I have an i5 -6600k with a GTX 1080 and when I loaded it up at high preset at 1440p I got 23 frames a second. I changed the setting tweaked everything up and down, changed it to medium and then to very high and got baisicly the same performance.
Finally I dropped it to 1080p and high and I am now getting 30fps that dips to 25 quite regularly.
My CPU is powerful enough , my GPU has more than enough power and 8gb of Vram and I have 32gb ram.
There is no reason I should be getting performance this low when I can rock witcher 3 maxed out to ultra graphics at 1440p with a rock solid 70fps.

Tech spots own benchmark indicates I should be getting 50fps with the type of rig I'm running but instead I’m limping to 30fps at 1080p.

So when the developers write a massive post saying "we don’t think there are optimisation issues just people with unrealistic expectations" it kind of pisses me off.

I don’t have unrealistic expectations unless it's unrealistic to expect a game you paid full value for to work properly.

Back