First Gaming Desktop Idea

By TribalLoser
Jul 13, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. This is a gaming desktop that I want to buy and build, but I don't know if it is even any good. I want to be able to play at least PlanetSide 2 on medium graphic settings (or higher), but I also don't have a very large budget. I want to keep it at or below $500. Any advice?

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=28017067
  2. TribalLoser

TribalLoser Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

3. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TechSpot Addict Posts: 879   +170

I'm not really in a position to post any other recommendations. However, I would suggest getting cheaper ram and putting that money into a better PSU. Other than that, everything looks relatively solid for your budget.
  4. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,676   +868

The bad thing about PS2 is that it is highly unoptimized. My PC has only 4GB of RAM, and that is the bottleneck. My GPU is weak but it is not the bottleneck. You need 8GB of RAM to play at medium-ultra settings. This will raise the PC budget to $600. If this is too much, I can lower the specs, but this will reflect negatively on performance.

This is what I would recommend:
    CPU: AMD FX6350
    Mobo: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0
    RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance
    GPU: Sapphire 7790 1GB
    HDD: WD Blue 1TB
    PSU: Corsair TX650 V2
    Case: Corsair 200R (personal preference)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.