First Gaming Rig Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got my gaming rig built and in perfect working order. Took me a while figure out how to put my two HDD into raid 0. One of the tech support guys at EVGA helped me out and said that HDDs have a hard time going into raid array if they have never been used, which was the case. I just installed some stuff on my two HDDs and reformatted the partition and BOOM it stopped giving me errors, LOL. Anywho here is the finished build:

Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 Silent Gaming Tower
EVGA 750i FTW Motherboard
Intel E8400 Wolfdale Processor
Xigmatek HDT-D1284 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler
MX-2 Thermal Compound
2x2GB OCZ DDR2 1066 5-5-5 18
2xEVGA 8800GTS in SLI
3xSeagate 7200.11 (2 in Raid 0, 1 backup)
Corsair 750TX Power Supply
Samsung DVD-RW w/ Lightscribe SATA
Liteon DVD-RW IDE
4 Scythe KAZE 120mm case fans (1 intake, 3 exhaust)
1 Stock Exaust Fan on HDDs

When I looked at the Case for the first time I couldn't believe how big it was, plenty of room to work in. The Scythe fans sound like a tornado when I first turn on the computer but it gets quite once the bios and PSU start regulating them and you can't notice it when playing games or listening to music. I bought a generic filter for the intake fan and realized that it wasn't needed because the case already comes with filters that you just slide off and wash.

This was my first build ever and I must say I'm quite pleased with the results. The bios defaulted the memory at 800mhz 1.9v so I bumped it up to 1066mhz 5-5-5 18 at 2.1v, which is stock speed...I will tinker with overclock speeds in the near future, but for now I am just going to enjoy this awesome new gaming rig that replaced my 8 year old Dell 8200 w/ 400mhz FSB LOL.

My 64-bit version of Vista should be here by the end of the week, then I can install it on my raid array and keep Vista 32-bit on my backup, which is what I'm using now.

Thanks to those of you on the forums that helped me decide what parts to use and gave me technical insight and knowledge, I really appreciate it. Looking forward to more advice in the near future as I prepare to Overclock this baby!

Here are some pics:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Fantastic PC. Could've got a better CPU cooler though....
Ah I'm just nitpicking. Overall, it's a great rig.
Nice to see it worked out well for you. Keep us posted on the OCing. :)

Ahh... I wanna see pics!!!

Can't see them through link, requires reg....

Post them here in Techspot!

Congrads on your build and best of luck. I find it amazing how many people we don't know from all over the world are here to help people out in a time of need with their computer build. Many people on this site are fantastic. Hey I even made it to General status in COD with the help of several folks on this site.

Is it true that the Capt is having withdrawal since Dancing with the stars has ended? LOL JK

Oh, Woe is Me......

mako man said:
Is it true that the Capt is having withdrawal since Dancing with the stars has ended? LOL JK
I'm devastated...........,despondent.......,unconsolable.........:(

Gotcha....I recorded it to DVD .........:rolleyes: :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back