First time building having problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. I am a first time builder but I've worked on em for years. I wanted to build a decent machine that will run smoothly and not cost too much. Anyway, I got a ASUS A7V880 with a AMD Athlon XP 3000. I put 2 x 512 MB of Geil RAM in it. My problem is that i got all the wires plugged up and everything but when I flip the PSU on, the computer cuts on and won't shut off with the power switch. I've tried using an old PCI video card and an older AGP card to just get it setup while I'm waiting on my newer video card to get here. I can't see whats happening to the computer because the display doesn't work either. And the CD drive isn't getting power because I unplugged a leg the fan was going to and then plugged it to the CD drive and it wont eject or light up. Anyway, I've never had a lot of experience in this more primitive area of building so any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry guys, I finally got it, there wasn't a jumper on my CMOS pins. Works like a champ now. Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back