First time external test with mobo

boagz57

So I got my graphics card, memory and cpu heatsink attached to my asus sabertooth z87 mobo and test with an external test. I get 1 long beep followed by 5 short beeps, although there is a small pause before the final (5th) beep. Now I only have the speaker in and do not have anything connected to a monitor. The manual says 1 continuous beep followed by 4 short ones is hardware failure but it doesn't say anything about a 5th beep that comes after a small pause. Could any of this have to do with the fact that I do not have a monitor plugged in anywhere? Other components:
GTX 770
Corsiar vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz
Hyper 212 EVO

Okay so now I put it in a monitor and an error message came up saying cpu fan error and im in the bios screen now. anyone ever have this problem?

I have the Hyper 212 Plus and I had to disable the CPU fan monitor in my bios because it was running at such a low rpm upon start-up that it would send an error message. My bios sensor is set for warning for under 600 rpm, and the CPU fan runs at 500 to 525 rpm upon start-up. As long as you know the Hyper 212 EVO is working properly, I would try to disable the monitor (or if you can - even adjust it lower so you no longer get the warning). Make sure you keep an eye on the CPU fan speeds in your Operating System.

Back