First time sli, having a few glitches

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeagle

hello im runnin a evga 680i sli mobo (p32 bios)with 2 evga 8800 gtx in sli. well my system boots up fine runs normally fine, but some games now are running a little then crashing, and i had the blue screen of death 2 times while running a game. any suggestions. oh also i just changed my ram too fron kingston hyperx pc 6400 to pc 8500.

well i think i may have it fixed allready just from reviewing a few posts.see i updated my video driver a few days ago and just today i installed the second card for sli. so i uninstalled my driver and reinstalled it and so far so good. ill post again if this problem starts again for help thanks.

well i was wrong i think the new ram i installed was the problem it was not sli certified. i changed it back to the slower ram that was and so far it has not crashed,frozen,or blue screened. BUT the sli is still not working good in fact it makes things worse any ideas?

Before troubleshooting it might be an idea to update your BIOS to P33 here:
http://www.evga.com/FORUMS/tm.aspx?m=204
The release notes include "Fixed PCI and PCIe compatibility issues"
Which version of the board are you running 122-CK-NF68-A1/-AR or 122-CK-NF68-T1/TR ?

I would benchmark each card seperately using OCCT or similar to check running temps,Vram and 12 volt power delivery (try each card with both PCIe cable sets to ensure that the power supply is consistant over both cable sets). Running a game benchmark will also give you a feel for differences between the cards that empirical testing won't show.
When you restore your default setting prior to BIOS update check to make sure all three PCIe X16 frequencies were set to 100MHz and your SPP <-> MCP reference clock frequency is set to 200.0 MHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back