TechSpot

First-timer needing help- with "Message Errors"

By haroldma
Jul 1, 2005
  1. Hello folks, my name is Harold and I have a problem. (sounds like I'm in therapy, huh?) Anyway, I've used my limited PC knowledge trying to find a website for different listings of "Error Messages." Now if I can just stay focused here (Little Green Smiley bouncing-a Blue One Barfing plus the Yellow One Pounding on Air) Where was I?

My "Error Message Problem" started this am shortly after I'd opened my Inbox. I had five messages, upon attempting to open the 1st. the following occurred: (Pop-up) "Application Error"...... The Instructor at "0x77f5234c" referenced memory at "0x909090." ... The memory could not be written... and then: System Shutdown... of course my home computer re-booted at this point.... After the Restart was completed, I returned to my Inbox, the very 1st. thing I noticed was, 'two of my five e-mails had disappeared.'

I would appreciate any and all help that's offered. I'm running Windows XP/SP2 Home Edition.... Thanks for your time, have a great day, ~Harold~

2. IronDuke

IronDuke TS Rookie Posts: 856

Is it running OK now? My guess is that the missing e-mails have been taken care of by your anti-virus program.

3. haroldma

haroldma TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks (Message Errors)

Hey Iron Duke, thank you for the comeback. I still have to reboot while trying to send e-mails. The cursor has a tendency to freeze up now and again. I'm inclined to believe that I've somehow infected myself with a virus. I'll download Spybot Search and Destroy and see whats up.

Once again, thanks for your reply, have a bodacious 4th of July. ~Harold~

4. IronDuke

IronDuke TS Rookie Posts: 856

Cheers Harold, but July 4 nothing special in UK. I hope you enjoy yours.

5. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello Harold and welcome to Techspot.

I think it would be a good idea for you to go and read these posts by RBS.

It will help you to clean your system of any malware etc that may be lurking on your hard drive.

First go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Once you have done that, go HERE for instructions on how to post your Hijackthis log as an attatchment.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

6. haroldma

Opps! Sorry Iron Duke/ Thanks Howard

Hey Iron Duke, sorry about the little screw-up about our holiday. Have a great 4th anyway. Take care, ~Harold~

Hello Howard, thanks a lot for the guiding light. I'm going to follow through with your instruction's right away. have a great day. ~Harold~ :>)

7. (message error) i may have found you help?

Hello
    First off I am no moderator so please don't disregard
    what the pro's tell you
    no matter how many cert's I have or education
    I still don't come close to someone who's been doing this
    and was trained in this
    hijack what?

Anyways, dude your like famous
    I typed your error code in google and your
    like the third one down
    my grats go out to techspot for knowing that secret
    spider bot code (you know...makes you come up on first page of search)

I looked a little further, ended up on another form

here i'll just paste

-------start paste----------

thanks man touch. but i don't think the problem has been eradicated. this window with the heading- {lssas.exe - Application error} with the words: the instruction at "0x77f5234c" referenced memory at "0x90909090". the memory could not be 'written'. Click on OK to terminate the program.

once i click ok, there'd be a 60s countdown till the computer restarts. i found that this is caused by the sassr worm.. but the programs i've gotten could not detect it.. help..

-------end paste----------
    if you want to read the rest i found it here
    http://www.bullguard.com/forum/12/I-need-help-spyware-on-my-com_15241.html

now even if this is not like your problem I
    figure "same exception pointing to same memory location"
    what are the odds

hope this helps
    peace man

8. haroldma

Steyr man

Hey Steyr,
    Thanks for the feedback. It's great to be able to ask and to receive just for the price of asking. I'm gonna' read the entire article that you've provided.

Peace and joy, ~Harold~

9. let me know

you said it man

There may be some other stuff you could do. I don't know how system savy
    you are and i dont even know if your error has anything to do with the blue screen of death (bsod) but if you copy i think memdump or is it dumpchk
    from tools on your xp cd read there documentation.
    I have been geting error codes with bsod for about 2 months now any time my system shuts down and i restart(work around is to unplug all usb to turn on)posted on 3 forms no solutions.
    anyway i did alot of reading and found you could find the app(process) that was running closest in location to the error code i.e the headecimal 0x.....(9 would be closer to 0xa than 0xb) (hope that's not confusing 0xa is 10 and 0xb is 11)
    chances are that app is, well at least a good place to start
    i found a NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod error code this way,it pointed directly to my onboard sound card
    change it and walla fixed

just remember i really don't know what i'm talking about,check with a mod before you takle any of this to heart

l8r dude

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.