First timer

By papad36
Feb 5, 2008
  1. hi every buddy iam a first timer to this web stuff my problem is i have a older laptop and who ever had it before me put both windows xp home ed. and win xp pro. on the same laptop how do i get rid of the two i would like to load my own win xp on myself can any one help . thank you if you can. email me at
  2. pcsupply

pcsupply TS Rookie

You need the windows xp product key first. Then boot to the xp cd. Press enter to install windows. Press f8 to agree to the terms. Press esc to install a new copy. Delete all exsisting partitions. Create your own. Use the defaults. Install windows xp on your newly ceated partition.
  3. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Hi papad36 :wave: and welcome to TechSpot

Firstly, as this is the "Introduce yourself" forum you will need to re-submit your question HERE

And more importantly, you should remove your email address from your post, by using the Edit button, unless you don't mind about being spammed.

In a technical forum, usually you are answered by reply posts, on the forum itself.

To access technical support you will need to go to Here into the appropriate forum for any problems you may have.

You can also access many online TechSpot guides Here

Please read all guidlines and TOS Here before posting.

Guide to Making a Good Post/Thread

Also it is customary to post your system specs in Edit Profile:

Enjoy your Stay :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.