firstadsolution popups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently been plagued by popups that all seem to be related to firstadsolution. I have gone through all sorts of attempts at removing it, installing and running at least a dozen removal tools, but the popups continue. Hopefully someone can take a look at my logs and see something that might help.

I have attached my hjt log, but the avg report is too large to be attached (unless i split it into multiple files i suppose).

Undying gratitude in advance for any help you can send my way.

your hjt log looks clean to me.

Have you done a full clean out of your internet browser's cache and cookies?
Have you ran through spybot s&d yet?
Maybe examine what sites you go to normaly and see if they are infecting you with the problem.. or if you can, reinstall the browser..

Just have a quick look at your AVG file and see if it picked up anything nasty or unknown.. sometimes its just looking at files it can't open like norton's virus vault etc.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I agree with N3051M, your HJT log is clean.

Please do the following.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Messenger<this has nothing to do with any instant messaging programme.

Close the services window and reboot your computer.

If you still get popups, go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of LittleWyvern only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks a lot for your help.

I went back and ran the different adware tools again (AdAware, SpyBot, AVG) then ran HJT to see if anything else had shown up. The AVG log showed that the problems seemed to all be coming from mozilla related files under /recycle/nprotect so I uninstalled firefox and deleted out its leftover program files. When I rebooted and reinstalled the popups now seem to be gone.

Heaps of thanks to you both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back