Fitness trackers aren't terribly accurate but that's of little importance

By Shawn Knight
Feb 16, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Fitness monitoring devices are reasonably popular among those that like to keep in shape or those on a health kick. You select a device based on its features, aesthetics, price or perhaps a combination of each and it goes about collecting...

Read more
  2. dkbroadband

dkbroadband TS Rookie Posts: 25

I wish somebody finally did an in depth review of all of these different fitness trackers out there, there's so many of them popping up everywhere now.
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,936

It may be important to some but as far as I'm concerned fitness trackers and their accuracy are of absolutely no value to me.
  4. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,136   +480

If the data doesn't have to be accurate, then I might as well hook it up to a paint shaker. :p
  5. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,370   +2,161

I've never used anything other than the Notes app and Runkeeper. The former always records my exact rep+weight count and the latter always records the exact start/stop time. They are available on smartphones, the Swiss army knife of fitness trackers.
  6. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,106   +1,376

It's called the trainman style...

...the man who knows everything there is to know about style...

Jad Chaar likes this.
  7. cmbjive

cmbjive TS Booster Posts: 777   +137

The Fitbit, which I have and like, is nothing but a glorified pedometer. Any type of movement of your arm will count as a step. Just rapidly moving your fist will get you to 10,000 steps in less than an hour. And forget about doing yard work because the vibrations from the lawnmower must add between fifty to hundred steps.

About the only time it comes in handy is when you go to sleep, where it's sleep monitor is relatively accurate.
  8. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Best comment in this thread lol.