TechSpot

Fix buffering

By circusboy01
Feb 6, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. A long while back someone from here at TS showed me how to stop the music from buffering so much when I listened to songs on youtube. It had to do with making some adjustments. I have forgotten what those adjustments were and where ti make them. I've brought my PC back to factory setting a couple times since then, and it looks like I need to make the adjustments again. Can someone please show me how? Thanks.

Just tried to watch a video someone sent on e-mail. So the problem is not only with youtube.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

3. circusboy01

circusboy01 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 799   +16

4. St1ckM4n

Just follow the text, below the picture of 404.

5. circusboy01

What am I doing wrong? I don't see a player tab at the top.That doesn't mean it's not there I just don't know what I'm looking for or where, exactly it's located.
    I clicked on the gear in the upper right hand corner. Then clicked on edit settings I saw 404 assistant. The enable box was checked. I didn't see anything about Dash.
    Could the instructions, possibly be different for Windows 7?

6. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 6,533   +332

circusboy01, I believe he is talking about the gear icon on the VIDEO its sefl, like this
    A  GEAR ICON.JPG The one on the right side, bottom right of the video you're watching.

7. St1ckM4n

Oops, my mistake! You'll need to install this browser extension, available for Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari, Opera.

After you do that, follow the instructions.

Sorry :p

8. circusboy01

I also clicked on it. Didn't seem to have anything to do with his instructions.

9. circusboy01

Thanks. Got it unchecked. Going to listen to a video now.

O.K. Listened to first song. Played all the way through. No problem.
    Second song buffered just as bad as ever. But I like the way it makes the video's so much bigger.
    Any other tweeks I might try?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  10. St1ckM4n

I don't know any others sorry. Im sure Google (or another user) has an answer though! Good luck.

11. circusboy01

Thanks for trying. Like I said. I do like that the video is so much bigger. So you did that for me.