Fix buffering

circusboy01

A long while back someone from here at TS showed me how to stop the music from buffering so much when I listened to songs on youtube. It had to do with making some adjustments. I have forgotten what those adjustments were and where ti make them. I've brought my PC back to factory setting a couple times since then, and it looks like I need to make the adjustments again. Can someone please show me how? Thanks.

Just tried to watch a video someone sent on e-mail. So the problem is not only with youtube.

Last edited:
Just follow the text, below the picture of 404.

Tube Center installs a small settings button in the upper-right corner of YouTube. Click on the gear icon to open the settings panel, which conveniently opens over your current YouTube page. It lets you tweak oodles of settings, but for the purposes of this post, you'll need to click on the Player tab at the top and then uncheck the box for Dash Playback. No need to save; just click the X in the upper-right corner to close the settings window and return to your YouTubing ways.

Just follow the text, below the picture of 404.

What am I doing wrong? I don't see a player tab at the top.That doesn't mean it's not there I just don't know what I'm looking for or where, exactly it's located.
I clicked on the gear in the upper right hand corner. Then clicked on edit settings I saw 404 assistant. The enable box was checked. I didn't see anything about Dash.
Could the instructions, possibly be different for Windows 7?

What am I doing wrong? I don't see a player tab at the top.That doesn't mean it's not there I just don't know what I'm looking for or where, exactly it's located.
I clicked on the gear in the upper right hand corner. Then clicked on edit settings I saw 404 assistant. The enable box was checked. I didn't see anything about Dash.
Could the instructions, possibly be different for Windows 7?
circusboy01, I believe he is talking about the gear icon on the VIDEO its sefl, like this
A  GEAR ICON.JPG The one on the right side, bottom right of the video you're watching.

Oops, my mistake! You'll need to install this browser extension, available for Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari, Opera.

After you do that, follow the instructions.

Sorry :p
Thanks. Got it unchecked. Going to listen to a video now.

O.K. Listened to first song. Played all the way through. No problem.
Second song buffered just as bad as ever. But I like the way it makes the video's so much bigger.
Any other tweeks I might try?

Last edited:
I don't know any others sorry. Im sure Google (or another user) has an answer though! Good luck.

Back