Fixing a T2692 - Options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read a couple of threads from last year about a problem I have which started this weekend. Machine made loud noise (fan running) I unplugged it. Machine booted up but keyboard wouldn't work. rebooted - machine will not start. I called E machines and they insisted it was PSU. I mentioned I had heard that the MBO might be gone also. They insisted they didn't have issues and it was PSU. I received PSU today, walked through getting it in machine with E machines(probably would have been better off just doing it myself). And lo and behold it still doesn't work. Green light comes on but nothing else. I am guessing this means MBO. My question how do you test for this? Do I need to take it to a techie? I am more of a software guy although I have a very small amount of hardware stuff.

Has there been any further action against E machines for what seems like a known issue?

After I received a StarTech ATX 250 WATT Replacement ATX Power Supply which did not resolve the issue, I read some more of the forums here. My guess is that power supply should be 300 Watt or above and I should not have bought it from E Machines.

As I have a second 2692, I would like to know what my next steps should be. I have a lot of info on the first HD and even though I am in IT (software and Project Management) I have been very bad at backing up.

Should I put the HD in the second machine to get data off of it? Upgrade the PS and MOBO in the second one? Is the StarTech above good enough?

Any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Beekski

Yes the Startech PS should be good enough. As long as the 2 T2692's are identical you should be able to boot with the drive that has what you need to save

Some clarification of questions.

Should i put the StarTech and a new MOBO in the second T2692 as it is a working machine (for now it was bought at the same time as machine 1). Can I put the hard drive from machine 1 in machine 2 as a second drive and get data/use fo rmore space. I am planning on not salvaging machine 1 and using RAM for machine 2.

Thanks,

Beekski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back