Resolved Fixing another PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

circusboy01

L have a Compaq Computer that got so messed up. I had to buy this one. In a way I'm kind of glad it Crashed. Because I really like this Lenovo. Especially since it's running so good .
I'd like to get the Compag running again. I refuse to believe it's down for good
I had installed Ubuntu. wasn't using it. Because my USB stick wasn't strong enough.
Here's where it's mostly guesswork on my part.I used a Windows program.It was already installed on the computer It was supposed get rid of old links and other stuff. I don't know for sure. But, I think it thought the Ubuntu was something that shouldn't be there. Because It crashed while the program was still running.
Somehow all I could get on screen was Windows Media. I could not go to Malwarebytes Superantispyware,HijackThis or anything like that.
I would like to try to fix it by Loading all I would need on a USb Drives, and plug them into the Compaq, and see if I could fix it. I need your help. I need to know which things to put on the USB. Which ones should be used first. Just anything I would need to know to get the PC up and running again. I'm guessing the first thing I would do would load HyJack This On to a USB and download it on to the compaq.
/Thanks in advance for the help I will recieve.
Last quick question. While I'm fixing the problems. The Compaq doesn't need to be Online. Right? Ray

You have several other active, recent threads. You should know by now what logs we need.

If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

NOTE: If you already have any of the scanning programs on the computer, please remove them and download the versions in these links.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.
=======================================
You can load the programs on a flash drive if you cannot access the Internet< then connrct to the problem computer and run the programs. Share with me please> what is the source of all these computers you're working on?
=====================================
My Guidelines: please read and follow:
  • Be patient. Malware cleaning takes time and I am also working with other members while I am helping you.
  • Read my instructions carefully. If you don't understand or have a problem, ask me.
  • If you have questions, or if a program doesn't work, stop and tell me about it. Don't try to get around it yourself.
  • Follow the order of the tasks I give you. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
  • File sharing programs should be uninstalled or disabled during the cleaning process..
  • Observe these:
    [o] Don't use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you.
    [o] Don't use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.
    [o] Don't download and install new programs- except those I give you.
  • Please let me know if there is any change in the system.

If I don't get a reply from you in 5 days, the thread will be closed. If your problem persist, you can send a PM to reopen it.
=====================================>

As has been previously requeted, you do not nerd to quote my replies in our following posts.

I don't understand what you mean by what's the source of all these computers. I have two The Lenovo that has already been fixed.( thinks again Broni ), and the compaq which I would like to get fixed. Is there a reason you worded it, like I have multi computers? I will be loading my Virus and Malware protection,from my working PC Lenovo and downloading them into my Compaq. So I will need to know how I can tell when their finished loading, and how I can tell if the programs have been successfully
loaded into the Compaq.. Can I use just one USB Drive? By loading one program into the USB Downloading it into the PC. uninstalling from the USB and loading another program, and so on?
I know I have a lot of questions,and I might have more.I just wanted to get them asked now. Instead of having then slow down progress once we get started. Ray. ,

Ran my first Boot time scan on my Lenovo.

Please believe me.I am not just going around Helter Scalter Asking for help on one machine, then asking for help on another. Before the first one is fixed. I know better.
But, like I said above I ran a boot time scan on my Lenovo.
It found 5 problems. Data Error 42125 E zip archive is corrupted
bin. Error. 42145 installer archive is corrupted ( 3 times )
.exe Error 42126 RAR archive is corrupted.
Yet when the scan is over it says 0 problems. ( problems is a paraphrase for a word I can't remember.)
As you know I was planning on using this PC (the Lenovo) to load Anti Malware/ Anti virus into USB Drives and use them to try to fix my Compaq.
After seeing what the Lenovo Boot scan found. Can I still go ahead And use Lenovo to try to fix the Compaq? Or do I need to fix the problems the Boot scan found on Lenovo first. Thanks Ray

Please follow the steps in the preliminary Virus and Malware thread if you would like us to check for malware.

Ran MBAM Log is saved.

About Gmer. You say to download it using Main Mirror. I used Google Search window,and Yahoo window. Could only find downloads through www.gmer.net--gmer.org---MajorGeeks---Sunbelt Software---cnet---and Softpedia. I even tried Main Mirror GMER, and GMER Main Mirror
I could not find a GMER download through Main Mirror. Or zipper Mirror Either.
Which of the sources I mentioned should I use? Ray

We have links for you to use in all the programs we ask you to run

Please download GMER: Go to this site http://www.gmer.net/files.php and click on Download EXE. Save the file to your desktop
Two other links for the download should you need one:
Link 2
Link 3

The 3 entries above in bold blue are hyperlinks. 'Main Mirror' has an embedded link. You don't go search for 'Man Mirror.' Clicking on any one of them should bring up the download. You don't need to do a search for the download..

recipientsMalwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.2.1300
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 7719

Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

9/14/2011 9:32:16 PM
mbam-log-2011-09-14 (21-32-16).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 176242
Time elapsed: 1 minute(s), 42 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Downloaded GMER.Turned off Real time protection. Disconnected from Internet. Opened GMER.It scanned for about 1 maybe 2 seconds.Clicked save. Notepad opened up blank.Clicked scan. it scanned for a long time. Don't know how to save scan to Desktop. So I guess you'll just have to settle for results. "GMER Hasn't Found ANY System Modifications"

UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED, DO NOT POST THIS LOG.
IF REQUESTED, ZIP IT UP & ATTACH IT
DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Install Date: 8/16/2011 3:36:16 AM
System Uptime: 9/16/2011 7:13:53 PM (4 hours ago)
Motherboard: LENOVO | | To be filled by O.E.M.
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20GHz | CPU 1 | 3203/200mhz
==== Disk Partitions =========================
C: is FIXED (NTFS) - 906 GiB total, 857.532 GiB free.
D: is CDROM ()
==== Disabled Device Manager Items =============
==== System Restore Points ===================
RP37: 9/7/2011 3:00:12 AM - Windows Update
RP38: 9/11/2011 8:03:13 PM - Windows Update
RP39: 9/12/2011 11:39:20 AM - Installed inSSIDer 2.0
RP40: 9/12/2011 11:45:32 AM - Revo Uninstaller's restore point - Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin
RP41: 9/12/2011 11:46:38 AM - Revo Uninstaller's restore point - Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX
RP42: 9/12/2011 11:47:00 AM - Removed Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX.
RP43: 9/12/2011 11:47:43 AM - Revo Uninstaller's restore point - 50 FREE MP3s +1 Free Audiobook!
RP44: 9/14/2011 12:31:36 PM - Installed Java(TM) 6 Update 27
RP45: 9/14/2011 8:47:17 PM - Revo Uninstaller's restore point - McAfee Security Scan Plus
RP46: 9/14/2011 10:43:57 PM - Installed Java(TM) 7 (64-bit)
RP47: 9/14/2011 10:46:32 PM - Windows Update
==== Installed Programs ======================
Adobe Reader X (10.1.1)
Audials
Audials TV
avast! Free Antivirus
Belarc Advisor 8.2
D3DX10
FanSpeedControl
FileHippo.com Update Checker
Google Chrome
Google Update Helper
HiJackThis
Java Auto Updater
Java(TM) 6 Update 27
Junk Mail filter update
Lenovo Driver and Application Installation
Lenovo Rescue System
LVT
LXH-JME2207FN Hotkey Driver
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware version 1.51.2.1300
Mesh Runtime
Messenger Companion
Microsoft Office 2010
Microsoft Silverlight
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition [ENU]
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4148
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161
Mozilla Firefox 6.0 (x86 en-US)
MSVCRT
MSVCRT_amd64
NETGEAR WNA1100 wireless USB 2.0 adapter
Quick Startup 2.8.0.718
Realtek 8136 8168 8169 Ethernet Driver
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader
Revo Uninstaller 1.93
Secunia PSI (2.0.0.3003)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2518870)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2539636)
Spybot - Search & Destroy
SpywareBlaster 4.4
tinySpell 1.9.40
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2468871)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2533523)
Winamp
Winamp Detector Plug-in
Windows Live Communications Platform
Windows Live Essentials
Windows Live Installer
Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mesh
Windows Live Mesh ActiveX Control for Remote Connections
Windows Live Messenger
Windows Live Messenger Companion Core
Windows Live Movie Maker
Windows Live Photo Common
Windows Live Photo Gallery
Windows Live PIMT Platform
Windows Live SOXE
Windows Live SOXE Definitions
Windows Live Sync
Windows Live UX Platform
Windows Live UX Platform Language Pack
Windows Live Writer
Windows Live Writer Resources
==== End Of File ===========================

Just like with Broni Not sure if I got both logs. But i've got to say I'm proud of the progress I've made. Compared to the progress I made when Broni,was helping me.
Ray

There is another log From DDS> it's called DDS.txt. Please paste it into your nexr reply.

Bobbye
I'm not going to be able to find and send that other log for you. I could never find it for Broni either. But you know what this computer is working pretty good. Despite what the Boot Scan said. Of cource I wanted to fix the Boot scan problems. Mostly because I knew I was going to load my Malware protection on to a flashdrive,and try to use it to repair my other computer. The Compaq.. It turns out that just a flashdrive full of anti virus and anti malware isn't going to fix the Compaq. I wont bother you with details but The first restore disk only goes to !8% complete. Then says it can't fix it . Lots more details but again, I'm not going to bother you with them Ray.

We never really got started here. Curious you can't find the other DDS log> It's created at the same time and the one you left.

Since it appears that these issues on the computer cannot be resolved, I'm going to close the thread.

You can remove all of the tools we used and the files and folders they created
  • Download OTCleanIt by OldTimer and save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click OTCleanIt.exe.
  • Click the CleanUp! button.
  • Select Yes when the "Begin cleanup Process?" prompt appears.
  • If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
  • The tool will delete itself once it finishes.
-----
Note: If you receive a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding OTC attempting to contact the internet, please allow it to do so.

Note: If any tool, file or folder (belonging to the program we have used) hasn't been deleted, please delete it manually.
------------------------------------------
  • You should now set a new Restore Point and remove the old restore points to prevent infection from any previous Restore Points.
  • Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools
  • Click "System Restore".
  • Choose "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next".
  • Give the Restore Point a name> click "Create".
  • Go back and follow the path to > System Tools.
    [*]Choose Disc Cleanup
    [*]Click "OK" to select the partition or drive you want.
    [*]Click the "More Options" Tab.
    [*]Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous Restore Points except the newly created one.

Empty the Recycle Bin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back