TechSpot

Flappy Bird will return in August as 'non-addictive', multiplayer game

1. The original Flappy Bird game is making a comeback. Creator Dong Nguyen told CNBC that an updated version be back online in August this year, featuring an all-new a multi-player component and less addictive gameplay.

Read more

2. Rippleman

Rippleman TS Booster Posts: 204   +35

Could be just me, but I didn't think it was addicting at all. Tried it for 3 mins or so and never again. High level 2!!! ya!

3. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TS Guru Posts: 566   +105

How do you make it non-addictive?.. Does it come with a coupon for a rehab center?

4. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Enthusiast Posts: 811   +91

"He was heartbroken to learn that a mother stopped talking to her kids, people lost their jobs, kids broke their phones, and more."
    he must be new to the gaming scene

TheLastPanda likes this.
  5. Nobina

Nobina TS Booster Posts: 409   +91

I would be heartbroken as well, but from seeing how many *****s take a game so dumb so seriously.

NTAPRO likes this.
  6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,174   +761

Maybe the game could do well in proper rehab centres to help take the patients mind off their addiction/s and replace it with another.

Darkshadoe likes this.
  7. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,399   +529

Negligent mother: Go to your room, Jimmy! You're distracting me!
    Nguyen: ....

Unemployed dude: F*** the quarterly report! I can't get past this damned pipe!
    Nguyen: ....

Spoiled child: THIS IS TOO HARD!!!!! *smashes phone*
    Nguyen: ...I can't take this anymore! People have such horrible priorities!!! *pulls Flappy Bird*

App-store: *shows ridiculous profit*
    Nguyen: ...I must be tougher than I thought. *re-launches Flappy Bird*

Have I represented the narrative correctly, so far?

St1ckM4n, TheDreams, NTAPRO and 3 others like this.
  8. Got to level 999 on the first try, stopped playing afterwards.... No real challenge.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.