Flash Drive dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

I was transfering some files to my 1 gb flash drive today when the computer i was using at work decided to die on me. After i rebooted the computer it would recognise the flash drive.

When i got home just now i plugged the flash drive in to the USB and it also wouldn't recognise the drive.

Any suggestions on what i can do??

Thanks in advance.

"Recognise"

What i mean by recognise is when i plug the flash drive into the usb port nothing happens. When i open 'my computer' the drive is not listed. When i search for new hardware in 'device manager' the drive doesn't appear anywhere.

This is happening on every computer i use the flash drive on so i'm thinking its a flash drive problem. It used to work fine up unitl the crash

Is the drive shown in the Disk Manager? Or among the existing devices in Device Manager?

If not, then yes, the thing is dead.

By all accounts its dead. Destroy it and buy a new one. Luckily mine was still under warranty so the maker is replacing it.

Flash Drive Recovery Procedures is a READ at the top of this forum. It was placed there to avoid 4 billion threads like this (there are already 3 about similar problems since I last visited here yesterday).

Read that thread, if you try what is said in that thread and your drive still doesn't work then its dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back