Flash Drive in Washing Machine

By LaraPasfield
Oct 18, 2007
  1. Just to let you guys know, one of my friend's flash-drives was put in the washing machine and it still works! :)
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

I did the same a long time ago with a PNY flash drive and it still works today.
  3. Eddy Rassy

Eddy Rassy TS Rookie Posts: 69

I usually clean my keyboards by soaking them in the bathtub. There is no power at all in those circuits. Only logic signals
  4. czplayer

czplayer TS Rookie Posts: 82

i did the same thing with my key board but i took i tapart first
  5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

Normally they will work, they tend to fry though if you plug them back into the computer while they still have water or moisture inside.
  6. LaraPasfield

LaraPasfield TS Rookie Topic Starter

Keyboards and Water

I once worked in India on a telephone switchboard (40deg C+) and accidentally spilt a few drops of my drinking water over the keyboard... I wiped it real quick, for 2 hours nothing happened, I was relieved... then 60 of the 80 phones it had online started to ring and I could not stop it.... My boss said "I hate you!" And I just shrivelled up....
  7. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,158   +197

When i first read the title of this thread in the main forums.. i thought someone had invented a washing machine with a flashcard socket to play music/ video on.....DOH!!
  8. LaraPasfield

LaraPasfield TS Rookie Topic Starter

This is SOOOO funny :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.