Flash Drive Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptim

I have 2 different brands of Flash Drives, both are 1 gig a piece. I tried loading songs (MP3's) on them, they got about 3/4 full and stopped, and I couldnt load anything else. I thought maybe the drives were bad, I formated them both and tried it again, same results. There is probably 275-300 megs left. Is this common with Flash Drives.

Update: I tried different types of files other than MP3's, I pretty much filled it up. This may me be stupid, but, is it possible that it doesnt like MP3's

"stopped" means what? The computer powered off? The screen froze? The little file icons stopped flying across the copy dialog?
Maybe you have a problem reading the MP3 files, not writing them? Try copying the bunch to another directory on your hard drive.

Nodsu said:
"stopped" means what? The computer powered off? The screen froze? The little file icons stopped flying across the copy dialog?
Maybe you have a problem reading the MP3 files, not writing them? Try copying the bunch to another directory on your hard drive.

The computer quit sending files to the flash drives, when I get home from work, I'll try to send the files to another directory or drive. It may be certain MP3's that it cant read. I'll also get the error message.

I tried the MP3's, they all played fine.

This could be an example of spyware or file fragmentation.

Were the mp3's purchased or downloaded using a peer-to-peer filesharing program such as Limewire, Kazaa or Ares? If it's the latter, spyware gets thrown in with the files. That could explain the mysterious extra space on your drive that is unusable.

You can also defrag a flash drive. See if that helps.

I ran some spyware, caught a few bugs, I tried to copy MP3's to the flash drive again, and it worked fine. So I'm going to assume that it was infected files.

Thanks

I advise using 3 anti-spyware utils. The 3 I recommend are:

• Ad-Aware 2007
  • Spybot Search & Destroy
  • AVG Anti-Spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back