Flash drive rebooting pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone please help me. I have tried removing all the usb hubs and usb controllers and rebooting and no change, i have tried all the usb ports (4) and the same thing pc still reboots, I plugged my printer usb cable in one that reboots and it works just fine (odd), my usb works fine in my laptop.

Any ideas?

Thank You.

Brocos

BSOD = Blue Screen Of Doom (or Death). This sometimes happens when you're somputer shuts down unexpectedly. Have you done any updates to your operating system which may have caused this?
If you can tell us a little more about when it happens/what you're doing it may help with the diagnosis ;)

Flash drive reboots pc

I plug a flash drive in any of the four usb ports and my pc reboots, I have tried two other flash drives and the pc still reboots, I tried all three of my flash drives in my laptop and they work fine, I plugged my usb printer in one of the usb ports and it works (odd). I removed all the usb hubs and controllers rebooted and the hubs and controllers reinstall and the pc still reboots when I plug a flash drive in. I ran spybot, adaware, my virus scan Mcaffee. Any ideas? maybe buy a usb hub to plug into one of my usb ports?

Any ideas?

Thank You,
Terry Kinghorn

make sure that your flash drives dont have virus...it may also be a software related problem rather than a hardware one....if all things dont work try reinstalling your OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back