Flash Drive Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi Tedster
Thanks for you detailed instructions, much appreciated.
I tried out what you suggested and I'm afraid I had no luck. The pc recovery program recognises my drive but says there is no media present.

l tried using disk management also and this did not work. The drive appeared as removable disk F: but it says no media present. When I right click and clicked on properties it says 'flash drive is working properly'. I then when into my computer and right clicked on the removable disk drive and clicked on format and it says 'insert disk into drive F:.

I really don't understand what the problem is, it was working fine until now. Every computer recognises my key as a flash drive but none of them will let me open it.

ONe of my friends suggested that he might open it up and see if he could get anything off it. dont know how that would work though.......

when you go to disk management, assign a drive letter to your flash drive. Then reattempt to open it.

Opening up your flash drive is a sure way to destroy it. Your friend is a *****.

Assigned the letter M to the flash drive then attempted to open it in my computer but again it says 'please insert disk into drive M'. I think my key is dead unfortunately.

I tested a program called Recover My Files on a unformatted Flash drive. It found several. So might work for you... the flash has NO NAME, NO ID but was assigned drive letter I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back