Flash drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear friend

Hope u are all fine , i am facing grate difficulty while using the Flash Drive, the problume is that i copied the microsoft office in uninstall form from my friend computer the flash drive size is 512 MB the office size is to large so i copy the some filess folder from their computer and copied in my computer , but second time i copied the remaining files and folder the file could not copied even delete my flash drive many massage is apperar mostly showing that " the files is write protected.

1st massage is:- in windows Explorer
J:/ refers to a location that is unavailagle, It could be on a hard dreive on this computer, or on a network, check to make sure that the disk is properly iserted, or that you are connected to the internet or your network, and then try again, If it still cannot be located, the information might have been moved to different location.

2nd is that :- Error Deleting File or Folder

when i try to delete the same folder the massage is appering that:-
Cannot delete AUTORUN: The disk is write-protectd. Revove the writ-protection or use another disk.

3rd massage Error Copying File or Folder

Cannot copy M4561403: The specified network resource or device is no longer available.

and when i try to format the same drive the masser of write protection is appering .

Kindly guide about this problum and how to delete the said file from my Flash drive.

Thanks

Ghawash

Can you put other stuff onto or delete other stuff from your flash drive? It could be that that is going bad. If you plug your flash drive into one of your case's front ports, maybe that port is bad (that might be the cause of the 1st and/or 3rd messages). Try plugging it into one of the back ports.
As for the second message, try right-clicking on the drive letter in My Computer (the drive letter for your flash drive) and select properties. Make sure that the read-only attribute (if it is there) is deselected. I'm not sure what else to tell you.
good luck, hope it works out for you
kitty500cat

It seems your drive is read-only, meaning you cannot modify the contents. Did you try going into the properties? If you didn't, do it now. Then, if you find anything in there about read-only, make sure that it is not read-only. I never worked w/a flash drive (yet), so I'm not quite sure about it.
hoping to help
kitty500cat
Oh yeah, welcome to Techspot, though I'm relatively new myself. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back