TechSpot

flash9.ocx has encountered a problem

By b20
Aug 25, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dear helpers,

Hi, my name is b20 and I have a problem. These recent weeks I have encountered an error regarding on flash9.ocx (IE ActiveX Flash). Everytime I want to play any flash games, this error message pops up at extreamly unpredictable times. I recieved some information on google that Flash 9 is in-compatible with something or another. I recieved some information on deleting this, but with no prevail. Flash9.ocx just NEVER deletes! I keep trying and it still bugs me. I even used KillBox, but it couldn't touch it either.

I would give you an image on the error, but forgot to take a snapshot of it. I will try to do it later.

By the way, this is my first post and found this site on Google.

Thanks for the help! :D
  2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Welcome to TechSpot

I think you need to unregister the file first by running regsvr32 /u flash9.ocx and deleting it in safe mode (to be more certain there are no processes locking the file).
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.