Flashing vertical lines on samsung LED monitor SA300

Chaos999

Greetings.

I have a problem with my LED monitor and I'm not sure where should this be posted (either as hardware or software), so I put it here.

The thing goes as follow, I bought a samsung syncmaster SA 300 LED monitor for my pc about a year and a half ago, (and so, is now out of guarantee). I havent had problems with it previously, but recently, flashing white stripes have started appearing on the display, particularly when the monitor is showing black or dark colors and when I just turned it on.

Also it's been getting worse as time passes (first it would only happen on first few seconds after turning it on, but now it happens whenever dark colors are abundant on the screen), wich makes me think this could be my monitor telling me it's about to die.

I would really apreciate if you could help me sort this out and, if this is in fact a hardware issue, if repairing is viable (possible and it won't cost me more than half of the monitor original cost) or if I should start saving for a new one (crap). I do recall having read on some tech magazine that LED monitors are more "repairable" than CRT and LCD ones, so I can only hope it's not something bad.

Thank you very much in advance for whatever time and help you can provide me for my problem.

I´m having the "exact" same problem!
Just finished opening the monitor. I've checked for loose flat cables and burned capacitor, but I didn't have any luck. If you fund the problem, please share!

Back