Flicker by monitor or v/card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys Ive got a Radeon 9250 video card which Ive been using for 3 years and a BenQ 19" LCD FP91G+ monitor which i bought 2 months ago. Lately there has been flickering on the screen mainly noticable with the fonts. I connected my old monitor and tried it with that, it works fine. Then i connect the BenQ back and its still fine. After a couple of days it starts to flicker again. Please help!!!

Hi, and welcome to Techspot. LCD monitors are known to flicker much more than regular CRT monitors. Have you adjusted your refresh rate on your monitor recently? Or maybe put a fan next to the monitor or a refrigerator or any other type of appliance?

I am wondering if you have CHANGED the refresh rate lately. Or, if you put any type of appliance next to it, that could be causing flickering. I have a fan blowing on my case, which causes my montitor to flicker sometimes. Same thing when my monitor is next to a tv or fridge. Also, corrupt video card drivers could cause this, but you say it is fine on your other monitor, so probably not. As for the heat, does the lcd monitor get very hot to the touch? make sure the vents on it are free of dust build up, and have room to ventilate.

I tried 60Hz, it doesnt accept it. I dust the monitor every 2 days to keep it clean. I suppose I need a new video card. Thanks for the help guys, muchly appreciated. BTW can u recommend any good v/cards?

try adjusting some settings in your ati catalyst contol center. i believe they have special settings relating to LCD monitors. also, try messing around with the 3d settings, such as antialiasing, vertical sync, etc. as for the fonts, try turning on windows cleartype to make the fonts smoother. unless you play a lot of 3d games, you shouldn't need a new video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back