Flippin annoying photoshop CS2 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

k.jacko

Guys,
I hope someone can help cos this frikkin error is driving me crazy.

Seemingly every time I try and save a file in photoshop cs2 (9.0.2) I get the error dialog attached.
It could a jpeg, tiff, or psd (the most popular formats I use)
Running XP Pro, SP2, all updates on. This problem has been with me for about a month now, but cs2 has been working fine generally for about 6 months or so.

If I persevere and try saving the file about 3 times in a row, then sometimes I will actually win and it will save.
But the error message is stupidly meaningless.

Any help much appreciated, as I'm losing my rag with this and adobe support are a bunch of clog stomping cheese munching high-as-kite dutch folk, who takes forever to get a sentence out! (no offense like)

Thanks...... :)

Attachments

• error.gif
    error.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 5
sounds like older copy of photshop left on machine
what adobe has to say
Renaming the psicon.dll file eliminates both the enhancement to Windows Explorer( shell view)
find above file rename to psicon.old
reboot

Its the only version of photoshop thats 'ever' been installed on this pc.
I have found that if i save it to my local desktop then it seems ok, but saving it onto the server, the same way as every single other file is saved by every other user (and i'm admin by the way), thats when the error appears. It can't be permissions because....well.....it just can't, nothing has changed (how's that for being stubborn :p ).

I suppose i'll have to ring Adobe.

Samstoned, thanks for the suggestion matey, but having done a search on psicon.dll i'm not sure it pertains to the problem i'm having tbh.

maybe file folder was left open or some how got stuck with another use
reset all permissions on target folders add network to security

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back